Gets right into the story, which I like. Nice atmosphere. Love the idea of a house full of puzzles.
Abyss [NaNoReNo 2019 ver]
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
I couldn’t see, couldn’t hear, couldn’t move, couldn’t feel.
What is this place? How did I get here, and why?
How can I answer these questions if I don’t remember anything?
The only memory I have is...
Abyss is a mystery/drama story that combines various elements of visual novels, point-and-click* adventures, puzzle-solving games, as well as a few specialised game mechanics**. It is inspired by the Danganronpa and Zero Escape series.
The NaNoRenO 2019 version is a demo, which covers the story up to the Tutorial sections. It aims to introduce players to our game’s concept. As such, some core mechanics will not be available yet.
*Point-and-click feature not implemented in the NaNoRenO 2019 demo.
**Specialised game mechanics not entirely implemented in the NaNoRenO 2019 demo.
The NaNoRenO 2019 Demo Edition features:
- Up to 25,000 words;
- Several puzzles to puzzle over;
- Various areas and interest points to explore, examine, and get lost in;
- Interesting characters to chat and complain about things with;*
- A relationship system that affects how much of the story you do (or don’t) mess up;**
- A ton of original assets, brought to you by our lovely team! See Other Credits for more information!
- A good ol’ cliffhanger!
* Only a few segments of this mechanic will appear in the Demo Edition.
Who are we?
We are the Abyss Team, a group of writers, programmers, artists, and audio people from around the globe who are enthusiastic about developing unique and immersive narratives.
Although some of our members have done a few game jams together, this is Abyss Team’s first NaNoRenO. We can’t wait to have you play our game!
Our members are:
- Shad - Project Lead, Writer, RenPy Scripter (Itch.io)
- Kowara - Project Lead, Writer, CG artist, RenPy Scripter (Itch.io)
- Yoru - Project Lead, Writer, Programmer, RenPy Scripter (Itch.io)
- Nezu - Character Artist
- LucasLCL - Background Artist (Twitter, Instagram)
- FishyFeathers - Background Artist (CloudNovel)
- Sushii - UI Artist (Twitter)
- DarkWolf - Programmer
- Barmizzle - Composer
- Scowsh - Sound Designer (Itch.io, Twitter)
We would like to thank you Yuma and Nisha for all their help during the Nanoreno 2019 Jam. Real life might have kept you from staying with us in the whole process but we're still grateful!
Lacework vectors used during several in-game animations were created by freepik.
Free for commercial use with attribution required.
The following music tracks were composed by individuals outside of our team but used in our game. These are:
- "deflection", "gravitationalWaves", "midwinter", "nightRain", "nightWalk", "snowdaze" and "ukeSounds" music tracks by airtone.
- "cdk - Sunday" music track by Analog By Nature.
- "2:30 AM: The Old Asylum" music track by duckett;
- "October Air" music track by nhomas;
- "Light", "SATURN" and "Why Jazz?" music tracks by onlymeith;
- "Ouverture" music track by reusenoise;
All of the mentioned tracks are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license.
To all the musicians and composers above, our heartfelt thanks for creating and making these incredible tracks available!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Genre||Visual Novel, Adventure, Interactive Fiction, Puzzle|
|Made with||Ren'Py, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator|
|Tags||Dark, Mystery, Narrative, renpy, Story Rich|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Twitter, Lemma Soft Thread|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Abyss (Nanoreno 2019) PostmortemApr 10, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.